Tuesday, September 15, 2009

5 Years!


Derek and I on the day we got married.


I have always loved this picture

Last Thursday, the 10th of September, was our 5 year wedding anniversary! We have been together for 10 years and were shocked at that high number, but to be married for 5 was just as strange to us! Strange because so much has happened since we got married. We are having our third child in 24 hours, we have moved twice, went from having a truck to a minivan (we have actually had two), went from sitting in the bar section of restaurants to the 'dinning room,' have gained or lost contact with friends, have seen loved ones go back to the maker, Derek has grown so much as a man, provider, father and husband, and I have become a stay at home mommy...which we all know what I do so there is no need to write that!! For the next five I want to focus on education with the children, being more crafty with activities, spend more time with friends (I feel like we have let that go by the waist side), TRAVEL, buy a house, save more money, and hang out with Derek more often.
So, what did we do for the 5 years? Well, being 6 days from giving birth I did not want to do ANYTHING!! I told Derek that he was the luckiest man because his wife did not want anything or wanted to do anything to mark the big year. He actually wanted to do all sorts of stuff (wouldn't ya know, for once it was him planning), but I really did not want to do any of it. On Thursday I laid on the couch and Derek joined me. That was it:) On Saturday we went to dinner and then to the mall. We were cracking up at how we were at the mall on a Saturday night when the mall was CLOSED! However, Macy's was still open, so we did some shopping for the kids. Then went home. It was very nice to be together, talk about the future, hold hands, eat in peace, and watch Derek pick out clothes for the kids.
BUT, this is what I wanted to do. 1st thought- have Michelle come over and watch the kids while Derek and I sat in our room! That is really what I wanted to do!! haha. 2nd thought- go to Carters, then to Staters, then come home:) Strange, I know.

4 comments:

Dano said...

Nice pics. You guys look really happy!

Suzie Lee said...

Happy Anniversary Derek & Sara! You've got some great ideas to focus on over the next five years, but really I don't know how you can beat 3 kids in your first 5 years :) That's productive!

Caitlin Rodriguez said...

Happy anniversary! I am so happy for your growing family. Looking forward to 60-70 more fun years, and a few more mini-vans!
xoxo!

terenjaxteegan said...

Happy Anniversary! I am so grateful to know such a loving and caring couple, and feel so lucky that you and your three children (I just got the text an hour ago!!!) are in my and my boys' lives!