Sunday, June 6, 2010

Emma's First Recital!

The "I Could Have Danced All Night," song is running through my head! When I run I sing the song, when I shower I hear the song and as I type this I hear the song! Why? I have been listening to that song five days a week since March and even in our home for additional practice for Emma's first ballet recital! Most have thought I am crazy for going five days a week to the dance academy, but I can not help it....Em LOVES it there! However, as much as I would love to shout that Em was the breakout star of the recital, I can not....she just stood there along with the other 2-3 year olds! It does not matter what she did, she and the other girls were just so dang cute.

In toe to enjoy the two shows were my mom, Mary, Susan, Auntie Em, Ty, Haliee, my dad, Derek, and myself. We were so happy that they came to see Em during her 2 minutes on stage. Words can not even describe how cute the babies were. Along with the babies dance were about 30 other dances that shocked us with the level of difficulty and creativity. Emma was in two out of four shows, I had to leave her back stage (that was hard for me) for 4 hours, and she had to wear makeup! She is getting SOOO big! At the end of it all Emma was so happy (she kept asking for grandpa...too cute) and we were extremely pleased with the entire show. Thank you Ms Brenda for teaching Emma!

*below are the only pictures that we could take. no photos allowed while the show was going on and none in their costums...stinks, I know*








1 comment:

Teren, Jaxson, and Teegan! said...

Awwwww...how cute! Go Miss Emma!