Friday, June 29, 2012

Fishing, Fishing, Fishing

 
Posted by Picasa


The weekend before my birthday the HB Lee's, Chow & Saige and our family got together.

The boys went fishing at the Santa Ana Riverbed, while us ladies went shopping for dinner, played outside, and hung out with the neighbors. We had a great BBQ dinner of hamburgers and hot dogs and loved having them all here. Michelle even made me a birthday cake and put pretty ballerina's on it. Of course, I did not eat it, but I heard it was good. Turning 32 hurt this year! the cake was unexpected, but very sweet of them.

So why did we not BBQ fish, you may have been thinking that. Well, the boys, once again, did not catch any fish. YES, AGAIN NO FISH! I can not tell you how many times they have gone fishing and have yet to catch anything! I have lost count. Between, Lake Shasta, other lakes and now the river bed (which is stocked once a week I think)....they just do not have the touch I guess. I do like to give them hell for it though. Such as buying a trout at the store from the lovely seafood gentleman who laughs when I do stuff like this. I brought it home and the boys had a great time shouting, "FISHING, FISHING!" while they gutted it and then I threw it away:)

There is no way that Derek will be buying any fly-fishing items until they catch a fish! Maybe this summer up at Lake Shasta they will actually catch something, but I am not holding my breath. xo

No comments: