Sunday, December 28, 2008

Our Christmas


We hope everyone had a FANTASTIC Christmas...cuz we did. On the Eve we headed down to the Farnes Family 4 for some Swedish meatballs (our family tradition) and other treats. Followed by church at 11pm. I will not go into detail about church with two babies at 11pm, but I have to say is that Emma knocked down a HUGE basket of candles that we had lit!!! HORRIBLY embarrassing. After church we headed home to lay out with presents, then bed for Derek and I.
This is the first year in 28 years that I have not seen ANY of my family, so it was kind of sad for me, but Derek really wanted to do it. SOOOOO, in the morning we opened presents, Derek made b-fast, the kids took a nap while we watched 'The Dark Knight.' After the kids woke up we made halibut for dinner and headed back to the couch. Thinking I could spend the entire day in my PJ's was when THE FARNES' came to see us!!!!! They stayed for a bit and then headed home themselves. It was so nice to have a day to ourselves, but I think that (Derek too, well I think) next year we will have presents at home in the morning then have dinner here or go somewhere. Like I was thinking....you can have a birthday party for Jesus with just a few, but why not have as many people as you can to sing happy birthday to him!!

1 comment:

Darci said...

Christmas was crazy this year. It is so fun when you have kids since we are not kids anymore.