Thursday, March 4, 2010

Too Sweet

I pulled this poem from Dr. Laura's blog. It is from a dad that did not want a divorce from his wife, nor did he want to be separated from his 3 children. It is just too sweet! He only gets to see his children 7-10 times a month and he hates it. I wonder if most guys think like this?

A Poem for Claire

A poem for Claire is what I will try.
I hope it turns out - ya see, I’m only a guy.
There are jobs that I have-
One is being your Dad.
Out of all of the jobs
That one makes me most glad.

We do things we like
And some we don’t mind.
I’m pleased that you’re nice
And so warm and so kind.

I tell you I’m serious
But you know that I’m not
We’re both very silly
And we smile a LOT!

We sit out in back
And look at the clouds
You see shapes I don’t see
You make me so proud.

Walking to school
Is always so fun.
It’s been so cold lately
We can’t wait for the sun!

You fiddle with your homework.
Maybe a snack instead?
But each night we read
Just before time for bed.

I love when we play
You’re so very special
We dance and we laugh
Now it’s time to WRESTLE!

We cuddle on the sofa
Watch TV at night.
But we don’t watch a show
That might give you a fright.

We make up games to play
Sometimes go for a hike.
But what you like most
Is riding your bike!

You play Dan-Ball and Rock Band
And sometimes the Wii.
”Daddy, come look!
Come here! Come see!”

I’m busy in the kitchen
Moving fast there to here.
You’re the first and the loudest
During our dinnertime cheer.

I miss you dearly
When we’re far apart,
But I’ll always remind you
I’m in your head and your heart.

The message is clear
In this poem you hear.
Your Dad loves you greatly
And I will always be near.

I want you to know
You’re my best Valentine.
I will ALWAYS be yours
If you will be mind.

I love you.
Dad

1 comment:

Teren, Jaxson, and Teegan! said...

I WISH more dads thought like this.