Thursday, January 29, 2009

Derek Turns 31!!





Derek turned 31 yesterday!!! Of course, he hates his birthday (every year he gets so upset) and every year I try to make it special, but this year we played it low key and just had his family and the Ayala's over for some dinner and cake. I do not think I have ever done anything here on a week night for any of our birthdays and I must say it was fun. We had a great time watching the kids play, eating, making fun of how bright the room was with Derek's 31 candles lit, and OF COURSE enjoying the 'little boy toys' that Michelle always gets him. Last year she got him some Nerf set and this year she got him some sort of grip ball and the Indi Whip that makes noise. Oh, I can not forget to mention the classic Linda case of beer and "Truffle Shuffle" shirt (this year it is black), as well as the 'bodily function' card that Dale and Suzie always get. Thanks to everyone!!!

2 comments:

terenjaxteegan said...

Happy Birthday Derek!

The Calagna Family said...

Happy Birthday Derek...glad you liked my card :) Let's do that dinner!!!!