Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jerry Carpenter

Today Michelle was nice enough to watch the kids for a few hours while I went to Emilee's best friend, Catherine's dad funeral. Catherine has been a part of our family's life for about 7 years, we go to concerts together, go to kids birthday parties, spend holiday's together, and hang out when we head down to Oceanside. So, the least I could do was go and pay respects to her family and father. I wish I could post the insert that was given to everyone, but for some reason my scanner will not let me (who knows why).
So I will just write a few things. His name was Jerry Carpenter and he died on December 25th at the age of 68. I know what most are thinking as they read this, "he died on Christmas!" However, the family is very strong in their beliefs and I can tell you that they had a wonderful time with their father/grandfather/husband the night before and they knew the day would come. It is very sad, but I think the family chose what is posted below because of the love and memories they shared with him.
"I'd like the memory of me to be a happy one
I'd like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done
I'd like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days
I'd like the tears of those who grieve to dry before the sun of happy memories that I leave when life is done.

Catherine, the service was wonderful and the kids did a great job!

No comments: