Friday, November 11, 2011

Pumpkin Patch #2

Have you ever driven down the I-5 and saw a hot air balloon? Then one day in October it turned into a jack-o-lantern?



What is that place called? Well, now you know it is the Orange County Great Park. I am surprised that so many people do not know where it is located, what it is called, or what awesome things they offer there! Hello, it is on the former El Toro Marine Base. Take a look at their website, http://www.ocgp.org/. The hot air balloon ride, parking, carousal, park, and art exhibits are always free! They have a farmers market on Sunday, concerts and movies during the summer, sport clinics, and farming....all free!
One such awesome thing offered to the public is their Halloween Pumpkin Party (I can not remember the actual name). This year was the 2nd Annual Party. Everything but food and $10 to park, was FREE! Free candy, crafts, pumpkins, petting zoo with a camel in it!, train rides, carnival games with prizes, cooking demos, and so much more. I thought it was very organized for the large amount of people there.

Sara 2 and her girls met up with Derek and I and the kids for almost two hours. They got pumpkins, but I did not want to stand in the very long line. The kids did do some games, hay maze, looked at the camel, went in the 'trick or treat town,' went on the train, and went on the carousel. Well, I should mention that it was really only Madi, Em and Drew that did things....Lil and Bella were stuck in their strollers:). I should also mention that the pumpkin patch was rather big and each child got to pick a pumpkin our for free...no matter the size of the pumpkin.

So, check out the Great Park sometime before they start charging for stuff! We may just be making our 4th trip this weekend for a FREE flag football clinic.


I know my bestie and I will be going back there before then!



 

 
Posted by Picasa


Oh and Bella would not let go of her baby pumpkin! Literally she held it almost the entire time and right after we got done on the train she found it in the back of her stroller and grab that thing. It was very cute!



And little buggie was terrified of these guys! She made me cover her eyes and screamed until we walked away!

No comments: