Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Adios Spring Baseball!

SPRING BASEBALL IS DONE!!  I am sad for Drew, but MAMA is happy!  It has been crazy for me since February with all of the driving, different game schedules, dropping Drew off at warm up, then dropping Em & Lilly at ballet, then back to the field to watch Drew play for 45min, then back to pick up the girls, then race back to pick up Drew.  If I was lucky I would be able to watch a total of 2 innings.  Oh the life of having a husband that works a ton.  But I can not complain too much...I get to stay home with the monsters.

**Oh, did I mention I was team mom?**  Of course I was:)  Actually, that was not too difficult of a job because the team was awesome and extremely laid back.  We had no snacks, no banner, only one party, and no team fees.  I just set up a Shutterfly site and filled things out and that was it.  

**Oh, have I mentioned we were on the president of the leagues team?**  That was interesting because, I hate to state it, well he is the president of our Pony ball and Drew will be around him and these coaches for some time.  Good and bad, but he was great!  Super organized and taught Drew a ton, which we liked.  For a gabber like me it took me a bit to get use to his type of personality, but I did.  

Drew had a great time this season and only had one breakdown, thank goodness it was BEFORE a game.  He was getting a little discouraged because he was not getting a hit.  He did not get a hit this season.  That was a little frustrating, but he did walk all of the time, made some great plays, scored, and of course always had a smile on his face.  

He did improve a TON and is absolutely in love with baseball now.  Throwing, hitting, catching is all he wants to do now when he is home.  When Derek is home they play a lot and Derek sees the improvement in Drew too.  He really wants to pitch at some point.  We will see about that...we just want him to hit!

Pictures below are from Drew's last game.  They made it to the Championships, but lost.  Drew was just happy to get another medal.  We are very proud of him for hanging in there this spring in KID PITCHED!

 Funny, Emma and Lilly made a friend that had been there all season, but it was the last few games that they started playing together.

 Lilly being funny at the pizza party that follow his last game.
 The last cheer of the season
 Drew getting a pep talk after the game from one of the assistant coaches that really helped Drew this season. Brian was AWESOME with him.  In fact, Brian is the one that got Drew into thinking about baseball more and pitching.

No comments: