Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Marlene's New Addition

The Zaka Family have a new BOY!!!  Mar wants me not to post his name, but you can probably guess if Derek's nickname for him is SeaBass:)  

He was born on the 27th weighing 7lbs 10ozs and 19inches long.  Mar was in the hospital for a little over 2hours before he came out.  Quick uh!  However, she was in labor for almost 3days..just not in the hospital. She also did her hypnobirthing which left the L&D staff amazed!  They are home now and enjoying a baby who likes to sleep.  Baby Sam was not that type of baby, so I am thrilled for Mar!  I can not wait to see him, when that will be I have no idea.  Since the baby came 2.5weeks early (maybe that is what happens when you run until 35wks) her family is going to NC at the end of the this week.  I miss her face...She MUST move back to Cali!

I was waiting until she had the baby to blog about her shower that I threw the same weekend as her brothers wedding (Austin).  I received a ton of comments like, "you are having it the same weekend as the wedding?" But it was the only weekend that it could be done.  After all, I told Mar I was throwing her one and she did not have a choice...I threw in some 'mommy & daddy' words when telling her:)

There was just a few family and friends here on a rather hot day, but there was a breeze and I made sure to have plenty of mimosas on hand!  It did drive me crazy that Mar was not finding out what she was having, but I think the colors went well for either a boy or girl. I made sandwiches and desserts (actually Costco did), we played some very simple games (Mar is not into stuff like that) and the only children that were here were Alexandra and Emma (nice to have a break).  It was a fun little shower and I know Mar loved it.    
 

**funny thing, I refused to get Mar a gift since she would not find out what she was having...now that he is here I guess a blue gift it is!**

*this is what Derek did with Drew and Lillian....shopping & lunch.  Fun, Fun*

Posted by Picasa

No comments: