Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Rodney & Anna Got Married!

17 years together and FINALLY they got married! FINALLY seemed to be the underlying theme for the wedding, but the real theme appeared to be comic books.

I have never been to a theme like that before. It took me a little getting use to, not that it mattered if I got use to it or not, but once I did I really found it very cute. The cake topper was unique, there were little figures everywhere, they had the entire wedding party drawn as each persons favorite comic characters and the parents as Star Trek characters. Anna came in to the Superman theme song and they held hands in some special way that I really did not understand...but many there did, and they had a comic book made by one of the DC comic writers/artists that were given to all of the quests called 'Ring Quest.' Like I said it was an interesting theme, but SOOOO them! I was expecting the first dance song to be along the same lines, but it was just a normal song. Now that I think about it, I have no clue what song they danced to, but if they had danced to something comic themed I am sure I would have remembered that!


(it was so cold in there! thank goodness I had a sweater in the car!)

They even had glow sticks and such when we were dancing. Amazing, Mar got a little tipsy after baby Sam left. I did too (judging by my eyes..yucky), but we made it until 2am!






But before the drinks were flowing Derek and I had the awesome privaldege of being asked to be in the family photo. There were a lot of us, how I LOVE that family! I do not think I would be where I am today with out them. I really mean that. There were also toasts, one given my my love Austin. There was not a dry eye in the place. It was lovely hearing a grown man speak about his brother is such a touching way.

I am very interested to see what will be instore for the next Daut wedding! It will have to be a mix of Hispanic/Haitian/German....crazy fun!











No comments: