Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall Festival



Last Friday the kids and I headed down to Camp Pendleton for the annual "Fall Festival." It is at the elementary school on base that Hailee and Tyler attend. This is the second year that I have attended, but the first where the kids were able to play games and watch shows with interest. Oh, and did I mention that Auntie Em is a part of the PTA as it's president! Those that know her are not surprised by this, well I am not either, but I laugh all of the time about it. The festival was so well organized, had a ton of food, games for the kids, a silent auction, ponies to ride, a petting zoo, face painting and my favorite all of the... Marines with their air crafts (of I knew the name of them I would write them...haha). All of our kids (Em and mine) had a great time and I think they were very successful with the financial part. For myself, this is a very special event, not only because of my family, but because the money raised helps provide so many activities for the children of deployed men and women. It makes me a little teary.

No comments: