Saturday, June 27, 2009

Marlene & Samy





Marlene got married to a wonderful man, Samy! She was BEAUTIFUL and you could tell the dashing frenchman, Sam, thought so too! I have been to so many weddings and loved many of them, but this one was a little special:) She smiled the ENTIRE time, danced her little booty off, and was just so stress free (which is what we were shooting for during the planning and set up)! A few years back I went to a wedding where you could feel that there was nothing but stress and has hard as you tried to enjoy the couple it was very hard to get past the "why?" of it all. They were so separate that is was horrible to sit there and try to be all smiles. All couples have their ups and downs, but I think that when you are truly wanting to be with that person for the rest of your life you want to make that person happy with you and what better way to demonstrate that to your closets friends and family then on your wedding day for all to see. I know this may not make any sense and since I am pregnant I can not get thoughts out clearly...which is a total pain, but I guess what I am saying is Marlene loves Sam for who he is and wants to be (she did not have to change him to make her happy) and she knows that as years and their lives change they will grow TOGETHER. Them together, not separate is what I saw and felt on the 20th and I will always remember that.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Weddings are a wonderful thing. As was the one on the 20th. What is unfortunate is people who have to take time to make others feel so unloved. If that wedding was not up to your standards or the people in it then let it go. Why we have to compare is beyond me. If two people are happy in their life why can't it be good enough for anyone else? I don't think anyone has changed in that relationship, the only one that changed was you when your dumped one of your friends that considered you one of her BEST friends. I know this because when things like this get put out there for everyone to see, it hurts and her and I wonder how someone could to this when they use to be the best of friends. What could have changed????
A man and a woman can be forever married, but I also think a friendship is as strong as a marriage. It is only until one person changes that can end that. That is what happened. It is not her fault and it is not fair for you to write these things about that marriage. It was beautiful for everyone whose heart was in it. It is to bad yours wasn't.

Sara said...

Ohhh ouch! I just thought I was making a post about my best friends wedding and how much I loved it and her. I will keep your post up, since I am not a private blog, and whomever it is that posted the above comment...thanks for reading the blog:)!

Teren, Jaxson, and Teegan! said...

Whoa, shocked me to read the above post!! I just wanted to say you look beautiful! I love the pic of you and Derek... hot mama!

The Titone - Perez Family said...

My wedding was so beautiful. My veil was custom made with imported lace from Italy, and 11 feet long. Who would of known what a Fucker my ex-husband turned out to be!? People told me they could feel the love!!! Say la vie, right!

P.S. You do look beautiful.

Sara said...

men can be bastards aren't they Rebecca t-p!!!! Just goes to show you can't always know!:(