Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Have you ever had.....

Have you ever had a time in your life when everything seems to be a little out of wack??? Well, this past weekend was one of those times for me. I felt like everything I did took longer or did not go as planned. This is what was suppose to happen...Friday- Pick up Drew from Suzie's, Fall Festival at Emilee's school and see Clint & Patty there. Saturday- Rodriguez kids soccer games am, Kyle's game pm, then market. Sunday- family here for birthday party and to see Clint before he heads back overseas. Not much just a typical weekend. WELL MY LIFE DOES NOT GO SO SMOOTHLY!! Instead....... if you want to read it is kind of funny all of the little things that happend (keep in mind Derek is at work and it is just me with the kids).....

Friday- I should have known things were going to go crazy when I get this phone call from Patty, "hey are you home? can you please look online to see if there are any other flights..ours just got canceled!" Mind you I was just about to head out the door to take a walk, well that was delayed about an hour. I think that is when everything went wrong. So I got back from the walk waaaayy later than I wanted to and by the time we were packed up it we were behind about an hour. THEN, I realized I needed to get gas (the card machine was broke so i had to go inside..that means getting the kids out of the car, then back in), I had to go and get cash (had to find a drive thru ATM), we had to pick up Drew....oh, but I forgot my camera so I had to turn back around. Getting Drew was easy, but then Em threw a fit in the car as we drove away, this making Lilly cry. TRAFFIC!!! We finally get to Camp Pen and the road that I usually take to get to EM's house was CLOSED! So back on the freeway to get to the 'Main Gate.' Get to the festival at 5:15 (suppose to be there at 4!) where we stood in line for (no joke) 40 minutes for a hot dog!! That was okay though because my mom was there. By the time we made it to the game area it was time for us to leave! We drove back home...in Friday traffic!

Saturday- Since Patty and Clint did not get into OC until late Friday (it was suppose to be 2pm) we did not get to see them, so she asked if we would go to TY & Hailee's soccer game. Of course we would, but that meant a HUGE change in plans. We were not going to Kyle's game or Ben and Beauy's, instead I had to...pack the kids up and get gas (remember I was running way late so i only put $20 in the tank which was gone) and head down to Oceanside again. That meant TRAFFIC, parking, getting the umbrella, towel, kids and so on out of the car and walk up a hill! FINALLY, we were at the game and we saw CLINT!!! After the game I thought I was headed home to clean and shop for Sunday, but NOPE. We had lunch and hung out for a bit watching football and I am not sure how it really happened, but Drew ended up at a birthday party next door to the Farnes' with Ty and Hai. We got back to our house at about 7 where I was going to drop the kids off and head to the store, but I did not have my wallet!! I left it in Patty's purse:( No ID means I can not get wine or beer for our party, so no store that night. Then something really bad happened...I got sick! My stomach was in knots and was then at the mercy of the toilet! Needless to say I was in bed at 8:45!

Sunday- No wallet still, so we all had to go to the market:( This drives me crazy because as much as I love Derek I can not go to the store with him, because he is such a kid! My tummy was still a little upset, but I think it was the salad dressing because Clint got it too. I still had to clean (good thing my house is not a messy place) and set up for our turkey dinner (my mom wanted to do this for Clint) and birthday party. Back in the day I would have been a little stressed about making sure everything was done before family came over, but now with three kids I get this freakish calm smile and just go crazy in my head while I just get it done! Oh and I think the fact that I can drink a glass of wine while making dinner really helps too! haha. Emma feel and hit her head really hard, I cooked my eggs to long so there were no deviled eggs, I forgot ice cream for the apple pie, and of course my hair was still wet when every one got here. The party went great and when all left I sat and watched Mad Men and chatted with Suzie on the phone for a bit. Sunday night...OUR CAR GOT TOWED!! Derek was sweet and washed it, but never moved it out of the 'no overnight' parking spot. $185 later on Monday night we got it back.

Here are some pics:)

3 comments:

Darci said...

Seriously that is when you give up! I can't believe that you drove to Oceanside twice by yourself with 3 kids there is no way I would do that it sounds like a huge headche....so you are my hero since you did it!

The Titone - Perez Family said...

I have to say you are amazing mommy. You accomplished so much, and took such beautiful pictures of your family! I am proud of you, and hope you feel better too!

Caitlin Rodriguez said...

Holy Crap! I am so sorry for you/and proud of you! Good job!