Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Well, I tried!

I am not creative at all, but I will still try a craft every once in a while! Since it is raining and we having been inside for a few days now I decided to do my 'every once in a while' craft. I am all about one stop shopping these days and there was no way I was going to buy all of the supplies to make a ginger bread house, so we headed to Michael's to buy a kit. Here is what the house was suppose to look like...

and this is what it took for me to make the thing stand up...

but here are the kids having a great time...


getting this photo finish and momma getting a tummy ache from all of the sugar!

The kids and I had a great time and when we were all done I texted Teren to let her know I am happy she is a grade school teacher...lord knows I would not be able to teach kiddies how to cut and paste (I know she does mor than that, but I am just being simple right now)! Even though we had a great 20 minutes decorating (took me an hour to set up) I must share a few things I have learned while doing this kit craft.
#1- being a mother of three means everything takes way longer
#2- set up while they are taking a nap because I was was a wreck after we were all done...from the sugar and mess...when I should be organized.
#3- feed the baby
#4- next time buy the cookie set so I do not swear in front of Emma and she repeats the 's' word!!

3 comments:

The Calagna Family said...

Cute!!! I have been wanting to get one of those for Isabella :)

terenjaxteegan said...

Hey... it is different when your are dealing with toddlers and a newborn than with 10 year olds, so I give you the up most props! Very cute! I do not think I could do that too well myself, so good job mama! Oh and the "s" word, that cracks me up!!!

Rebecca Titone said...

You are hilarious! We did the house, but it kept falling, so we decided to eat it instead. I bought another one to do today, but bought the cookies at the same time since they were on sale. And that was great. It does take a while with 3, but it is fun!