Friday, October 30, 2009

Carving Pumpkins










Tonight we carved pumpkins! I am not a huge fan of it (we never did it when I was young) and think the feeling of the insides of the pumpkin is really gross plus I really stink at carving...but for our children we make sacrifices! Well, I did not do anything but give Derek cash to go and get the pumpkin (Damon was sweet and bought the other) and take some pictures. Marlene stopped by to chat, Michelle and Saige were already here for dinner and Damon was here helping Derek move a washing machine so it was very nice to have all of them here. We had some healthy carbonara and salad for dinner and I laid out an old role of wrapping paper to cover the table and Derek, Drew, Em, Saige, and Damon all dug in. Derek carved out Emma's into a very girly?heart shaped eye/star bow gal and Damon carved Drew's into Mickey Mouse. THEY ARE SO CUTE!! Thanks all for coming over and I think that carving pumpkins the night before Halloween will become our family tradition!

4 comments:

terenjaxteegan said...

hahahahahhaha!!!! My post almost matches yours! Haha- great minds think alike! I used old wrapping paper toooooo by the way!

Suzie Lee said...

Fun times! Missed you guys!

Rebecca Titone said...

Okay, so Little David really did eat the raw pumpkin. And he loved it! Ah! Supper fun though hun'

Darci said...

Love the pumpkins! Looks like you guys had a fun party going on over there.