Monday, November 9, 2009

The last one standing!



We are a family of five and we love it, but when one person gets sick... it is not contained to just that person! I hate, hate, hate, hate and I will write it again, I hate taking care of sick people! Oh, I know it sounds so mean because I should be a caring momma and wife to my family who is sick, but ya know....it really stinks! Friday night...."Drew-Drew are you okay? Em you need to eat more of your dinner. Derek you are sounding stuffed up."
Saturday during the day....Drew is in the bathroom most of the day, Em will not eat, and Derek thinks that drinking a crown and coke will help him feel better:)
Saturday night- Drew has a temp of 100.1 and Emma has one of 103! Derek...still thinks he can make himself feel better eventhough he has a 100 temp himself! On a side note I took Derek's temp and he said to me, "i am a big boy and I can take it myself," it is funny to me that I do these things now:)
Sunday...I can not believe the sickness in this house! Drew, Em and Derek sleep throughout the day, everyone has rosey cheeks, we are wasting food because no one is eating!
Now what did mommy do?? I am going to write this as totals....
Swept & Mopped the floor- 3x
Loads of laundry- 9
Meals made (no eating out for us)- 9
Bottles fed to Lillian-...I can not even tell you how many!
Times the dishwasher ran- 5x
Vaccumed downstairs- 2x
Vaccumed upstairs- 1x
Ceiling fans cleaned- 4
Backyards cleaned- 1
Oh there is so much more that I can not even remember!
POINT BEING, A MOTHERS JOB IS NEVER DONE! It has taken me almost two hours to even write this post because two kids need milk, one needs her bibi, Derek is driving me crazy with his coughing, and I had to watch the final episode for the season of Mad Men on the DVR. OH life!

2 comments:

Teren, Jaxson, and Teegan! said...

Ohhhhhh....you sound like me. I HATE when everyone gets sick. I hope everyone feels better soon!

Rebecca Titone said...

You are supper mom! So impressed with all you did, even with so many sickies! Hope everyone gets well soon!