Monday, November 10, 2008

Education Week



Last week I decided that the kids and I have been staying in the house WAY TOO much! Even though we do have busy weekends and play dates... I feel that we do not have enough time to ourselves to learn, play together, or just hang out with QUALITY!.. So, I started doing 'weekly themes.' No matter what play date, household duties, errands that I/we have, I will incorporate the theme into our lives. Last week we had 'Education Week.' We went to the Discovery Science Center with Darci and Qwen. Bowers Museum and Voted:) Anissa had her last volleyball game (Drew calls this high soccer) at Orange High School then we headed to the Orange Public Library. The kids were so funny at the library and Emma even went up to a lady and sat in her lap with book in hand! It was a sight to see! The kids seemed to have the best time at the Richard Nixon Library and Birthplace. Once mom was done in the exhibit part of the library we headed outside to see the house RN was born in, the heli, all of the beautiful flowers, the fountain, and the reflecting pool. It was a lot of fun with the kids and since they were so well behaved I feel that I can continue to do things like this more often. What I did learn is that I need SUCKERS with me at all times!! hahaha. This week will be military week to honor our Vets and those currently serving to protect us and others!

3 comments:

terenjaxteegan said...

I loved this week's theme! Go mama!

Darci said...

Great idea, way to be creative! I LOVE that picture of the two of them where Andrew has his arm around Emma, that is such a great one.

The Titone - Perez Family said...

You are such a great mom! And you babies are beautiful! Emma looked so studious at the table, and Drew smelling the rose is so cute. Glad y'all had fun learning!