Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Weekend



This Halloween was so very special to us. On Thursday our historic town gathered around for the 4th annual "Treats in the Streets" and of course we were not going to miss it:) Drew was Mickey Mouse and Emma was Minnie and boy did they look oh so cute. Drew would not put on the head piece so he just went without it, but it was still way cute. Emma, well what can I say? She is just so DAMN CUTE!!! As the time drew near for the event I picked Kels and Saige up from school, Suzie and the kids came over, Michelle and Pa came by. It seemed like the entire Lee family seemed to stop by:) We got the kids ready, took some pictures and headed off. As the years have gone on this event seems to get bigger and more crowded, but it was still fun to see the hay ride go by, watch all of the children (and some adults) in their costumes, watch the boys get candy from our favorite shops in the Circle, drink some coffee, take pictures and say a kind hello to fellow Orangeizans:) It was a very nice time and look forward to it next year.
So on to the next day...Halloween!!! Going back to how special of a day it was to us... this was the first Halloween that both of our kiddos could walk to the doors and be a little scared by the decorations:) Drew was so intent on having Emma, Tyler, and Hailee by his side that all he seemed to do was cry for them when they would walk to the doors or get way too far ahead of him!! It was so sweet, but it was a test of nerves. After going up and down the hills of Camp Pend the kids were ready to go back to the house, hand out candy, say goodbye to Nana, and play some Rock Band!!! We had never seen Tyler play, but we were surprised to see how good he is at the guitar. I NEVER do anything out of my realm, but I just had to play the drums for a song while Emilee sang. Man I STINK!!!! Then I sang...sucked even more!! I have a cold so I can blame the singing on that, but the drums just went to show how I am SOOO not talented! After I was so embarrassed we headed home and Derek, Drew and Em were asleep I thought about how lucky I am to have my family.

3 comments:

The Calagna Family said...

The kids are so adorable!!! Love Minnie and Mickie! Glad you had a great time and we want to go to Treats in the Streets next year tooo! xoxo

Darci said...

So cute, to bad about Drew not putting on the head part though. Halloween is the best. Cute pic of you, Emma & your mom.

Teren, Jaxson, and Teegan! said...

Ok... love that idea of Mickey and Minnie!!!!! Smart thinking mom!