Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Time out



Emma looks a little too happy here doesn't she?? You would never know by this picture that she is sitting in the timeout part of the hallway:( It breaks my heart to have to put this gorgeous girl in timeout, but it is about time that my heart grew stronger:) Derek and I talked about 'timeouts' for Emma last night and this is what he said,"I can not do it yet, so you have to!" Isn't he horrible! Then again I do the disciplining in the house:(
After many times of telling her 'no thank you' for climbing onto the entertainment center...timeouts had to start! The first time she just smiled and laughed. Of course, after the 'funny timeout' she just went right back to hitting the TV and standing on the table. SOOOO, one more time out, but this time it was not so much fun for her because she just cried and flung herself back while I held her. My poor baby!! So did she just go back to standing and hitting? Nope, but she did go over to the front of the TV and smiled at me:)

1 comment:

Darci said...

Gwen does that too. She will go up to something after I told her no and look back at me and smile. They totally know, don't they?