Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Franklin Lee and Bubba Gumps



Yesterday we went to Bubba Gumps in Long Beach for dinner with Derek's cousin Franklin. Since Derek and his immediate family only have each other in California it is always nice to see one of his aunts/uncles/cousins when they are in Socal. I am pretty sure this is the first time we brought one of the Oregon Lee's to Bubba's and I am not sure we should have exposed our 'dork status' for the movie the restaurant is tailored after..."Forrest Gump."
Gump's has trivia questions, shrimp galore, and 'Stop Forrest or Run Forrest run,' way to stop a server when you need anything. The kids were able to run around and nice there was only Derek and Dale's family there with Frank was very nice to just hang out in a small group. Next time we hope we will be able to see Frank's wife and baby girl! The family just keeps getting bigger and bigger:)
oh ya...I feel bad for Franklin and laugh very hard when I think of his name. I married into the name Sara Lee (haha), but Frank was born with the nickname that leaves him with 'Frank Lee," (major haha to me).

1 comment:

Darci said...

I loved Bubba Gumps when we went at the pier in Balboa, yummy.