Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mom and Em day out!


What does a mom do when she is home with the children all day with no real break to just hang out with one of the kids or even do errands in semi-sanity with only having one child to wrangle up? Your set up a playdate...where you the mommy LEAVE!!! I was watching Desperate Housewives not too long ago when Gabi sets up a playdate for one of her daughters and has the other in preschool. Well Gabi wanted to use the time to 'do the nasty,' but I want the time to have some peace without the terror that a 2 year old can bring. I prayed for some sort of sanity to my days and bam it was answered... rotating playdates with Suzie. Today was the first day and MAN it was nice! I had to text her in the middle of my time away just to say 'thank you!' Since Suzie lives by the beach Emma and I went for a walk down Main Street to the end of the pier and had lunch at Dukes. It was just so nice to sit with Emma in the middle of the day at the beach and show her the cute surfers as they pasted by. Some may be thinking..where is Derek at night to give me some time to yourself Sara? He does give me time at night, but this was DURING the DAY...so much different! Next week I hope that Suzie has a much fun as Em and I did today!

2 comments:

The Calagna Family said...

So happy you had a day out with yoru special little girl!!! What a great idea the Rotating Play Date :)

terenjaxteegan said...

This is such a stinkin' cute picture of Emma!!! Well, she always takes cute pics, but the bow in this one tops it off. Next time, I'll come check out the cute surfers with you two. :)