Tuesday, November 18, 2008

THOMAS!!THOMAS!!THOMAS



We have been waiting a YEAR to meet THOMAS THE TRAIN!!!! Derek and I never thought we would have EVER been hooked into the world of Thomas the Train (I always thought it was very dorky), but our kids LOVE him and all of his friends. So, when we heard about this about a year ago we knew that we had to go and see him. It was in Parris California at the Railway Museum.
Man is that place (the city, not the museum) a dump. Derek and I were shocked to see the difference from our area when driving down the streets!!! However, once we got into the train world, as I like to think of it, we really did have a great time. Drew was a little frightened at first because of all of the people, but once he saw Thomas and realized we were there to see a bunch of trains he just walked around like he had been there before. When we got to actually ride the train the kids went nuts! It was a 25 minute ride and when all of the kids got onto the train and heard the music the all went crazy!!! I have never seen anything like that in my life. After the train ride Drew just kept saying, "choochoo Thomas lets go!" Even though it would have been nice to go again, the 18 dollars a person made us think twice. Especially when there were cabooses and other trains we could ride. The kids got chicken corn dogs (I am sooo going to buy those), bounced in the bounce houses, got tats, went in and out of trains dating back to the 1800's , and even saw the "Emma Nevada" steam train that they are going to be restoring in the spring of '09. We were there for about 4 hours then headed home to the ash filled sky of Orange:( Of course the kids fell asleep before we even hit the freeway!! They were so dang good...I am sure that drained them...hahaha. Oh and when we got home Derek and I got a sitter and went for some drinks!! haha It was a great day. http://www.thomasandfriends.com/usa/parents/dowt.html

3 comments:

Teren, Jaxson, and Teegan! said...

I heard about these trains! I have been researching FOR MONTHS to go and see them. I was SO GOING to take the boys and then they got sick, the fires, etc. But I am glad you had fun! (I know Perris is a dump!)

Darci said...

Some of my friends have talked about doing this, but it just seems so far. Glad you guys went. LOVE Emma's hat, she looks so cute as the driver of the train in her hat.

The Calagna Family said...

Oh my gosh! So much fun...Isabella would have LOVED this!!! Glad you guys went and had a wonderful time!!!xxox