Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Hesitate

I have been hesitating about writing this post for almost two months now. But here I go....

Little baby, Annabell, pasted away in December from what appears to be SIDS. She was 15 months and just the cutest thing. Emmy, Annabell's mommy, had joined our MOMS Club in October. She was an only child to a loving mommy and daddy.



God willing I will never put any of my children down for a nap and return to what Emmy did on that day in December. I have never met a child who has passed away so young, nor parents that have lost a child.

My mom's group has taken some steps to make us more aware of dangers for our children (I think that sometimes we forget some as years go on), have provided CPR classes and had a speaker at our monthly meetings. It seems to be hard to talk about. Most of us have young children, so to think of our little one's faces at that moment is well, horrible.

I try not to think of how she almost stepped on a turtle at the pumpkin patch and how much she looked like her mom. That is hard though. I could write so much more and better, but I am happy to just get these words down.

3 comments:

Rebecca Titone said...

She is so beautiful, and I am heart broken for her parents. There is nothing comforting I can write, and it is so unfair. I wish this never would have happened. To anybodies babies.

Teren, Jaxson, and Teegan! said...

ohhhh...I am at a loss for words. Why? Why does this happen. God be with her, and her family.

MRSB said...

I haven't been on your blog for some time and I'm sorry to hear of their loss. My heart breaks for them. God bless her and her family