Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Celebrating Pa

Today is the 1year anniversary of Pa's (aka.. Dwayne,Papa, or old man) passing to Heaven. Not much to be said about it beside Derek being sad:( He was doing okay until he got a picture of Pa's gravestone....we have not been there yet, too hard.

I was happy to hear that Derek wanted to go to one of Pa's favorite places, Don Jose. So, the kids and I picked Derek up after ballet and headed to dinner. I kind of forced Derek to take this picture



but after we talked about it for a moment I think he was a little better. After all, the day that Pa died ended up being beautiful outside after a few days of rain (I will never forget all of the family in Michelle's little place that weekend)...just like today! I think Derek and I will celebrate Pa's life every year like we did today just like we did the day he died. For those that did not know, we all went to Don Jose's after Pa passed.

2 comments:

MRSB said...

What a wonderful way to honor a man. Good job to you both.

Teren, Jaxson, and Teegan! said...

Cheers to Pa!