Sunday, March 27, 2011

Something I Miss, Blog Challenge


*picture of my Papa and I when I was three*

I miss youth. I miss not having to pay bills, worry about my health, worry about dying, I miss being able to be awake until 1 or 2 am and not be tired in the morning, I had no wrinkles, I miss being able to eat or drink whatever I wanted and not gain weight, I miss my back or shoulders not hurting, I miss being able to fight a cold in a day or two.

HOWEVER, there is no way in HELL I would really go back there. I had no money, no true sense of who I was, did some 'not so' good things to my body and others, I had to work three jobs to make it through college (awe...beer cart girl, chilli's, and daycare provider....I do not miss you). Now I can drive where I want, do what I want, and say what I want (with tact of course).

I like the feeling of youth...you are just young! To feel carefree. To have more energy without the need to caffeine or B100's! That is about it though:)

2 comments:

MRSB said...

Yep there are always tradeoffs. As you know I'm loving getting older. Maybe I won't the same when I am OLDER.

MRSB said...

I think I should proof read a bit better before I send. It should read "Maybe I won't feel the same when I am OLDER". By the way I'm thrilled you posted the picture of Papa. I love the way you're looking at him.